The Dubai Land Department
was formed in 1960 to oversee affairs related to land and private properties in Dubai. All matters of legalization, sale, and purchase of lands are entrusted to the department and it serves to regulate the registration process and protect property from misappropriation.
Facilitating transactions between landowners and buyers, the number of lands registered at the Dubai Land Department
till date exceeds 50,000 plots all over Dubai. With the majority of clients comprising UAE and GCC nationals, the department has recently computerized its systems, enabling all procedures related to sale, purchase, and mortgages to be conducted electronically.
The Dubai Land Department (LD)
since its establishment it has kept pace with the great strides the UAE has made towards modernization. In days bygone, the sale of land was based on trust, and sealed with a handshake. Now, these traditional methods have been replaced with contracts and paperwork.
All matters of legalization of sale and purchase of lands have been entrusted to the Land Department. All matters of legalization for sale and purchase of lands have to be approved by the Land Department.Throughout the decades, the LD has gained the trust of UAE nationals, by offering distinguished services and sound advice.
The LD has left the era of manual work behind, keeping pace with advanced technology, which allows the department to provide clients with quality and time-efficient service.
The Dubai Land Department
applicable regulations stipulate that UAE nationals and GCC nationals can possess lands and buildings in Dubai. Non-GCC nationals can purchase lands through Emaar Real Estate Company, Palm Project or Jumeira Projects.
Services Provided by Land Department
The Land Department has simultaneously developed its many procedures with the continuous growth of the city for example by computerizing the real estate and mortgage registration process. The main concern of the department is always going to be its customers.
Dubai Land Department provides various services like addition or separation service, Amendment of owner, Land Compensation, Ownership transfer, Sales, Partners Division, Amalgamation, Mortgage etc. Some of the general services are shown in breif as follows:
1. Separation / Addition
Dubai Land Department provides the services of separation or addition. The separation means when more than one owner divides property among them or when landlord subdivides his land into smaller pieces. Addition means owner want to combine his small pieces of land into one land or more than one person decide to combine their plots into one plot.
This can be done by an agreement of the parties or by direct request of owner whenever they satisfy the conditions which specify the separation and addition.
The conditions which are applicable in separation are as under:
The conditions which are applicable in addition process are as under:
- The land division agreement is to be signed. It should indicate the parts agreed to be divided, or the area subject to the division.
- The restricted hold lands (donations) are not divisible unless the approval of the joint committee formed by the Land Department and the Dubai Municipality is obtained. An application in this regard has to be submitted to the Municipality.
- The partners' separation shall be subject to the conditions of the minimum area to be separated. The Survey Section is to be contacted in this regard, before completion of the separation process.
- The donated lands shall not be added to the free holds. The vice versa is permissible. The conditions of the restricted hold shall apply to the land added.
- The total area of the land after addition should be determined by the Survey Section before the registration of the transaction.
Documents which are required at the time of Separation/ Addition
- Deed(s) of title Passports of the parties concerned.
- Khulasat Qaid of the parties concerned.
- Municipality Map Separation/ Addition Agreement duly signed.