Dubai Education Council support public schools to enhance and improve the present policies, practices, systems and standards. This can be achieved by building strong relationships with Dubai Education Zone and Ministry of Education.
DEC launched Dubai Schools as the first initiative in supporting the private schools. This is a new system of schools that will focus on the development of branches of international and new schools that meet the standard of the best -in class schools from around the world. Dubai School’s initiative aims to achieve the following:
- Develop the K-12 sector in Dubai into a world-class educational system
- International accreditation and comprehensive quality assurance programs
- Enable accessibility to all those who are deserving of it
Develop and nurture students to enable them to compete with the best and the brightest globally.
Dubai Education Council understands that higher education is necessary as both socially and economically. It also recognizes the presence of various higher education models in Dubai.
To achieve the mission DEC would focus on the following efforts:-
- Encourage world class institutions to open branches in the academic city which is expected to host more than 25 university branches by year 2010 serving 36,000 students
- Supports local public and private higher education institution to associate with the above international institution with the objective to share best practices and eventually elevate standards to global levels
- Enhance the relationship between Academia and Industry
- Open communication channels and organize forums to promote and highlight industry needs amongst various academic circles
- Encourage industrial sponsorship of R&D efforts related to business development particularly issues affecting economic growth
- Support and complement Ministry of Education efforts in this sector
National Institute for Vocational Education (NIVE) was established to provide students with an opportunity to gain specific job related skills to meet the current market demand.
Dubai Education Council initiative, National Institution Vocational Education was formed to provide specialized vocational education for UAE nationals. The vocational education is benchmarked according to professional standards of the industry and takes into account the growth of the UAE and region.
All academic aspects of this project are developed in partnership with an educational institution of international repute. To fulfill the local market needs five areas of specialization are offered. These areas are Information and Technology, Finance and Accounting, Sales and Marketing, Public Relations and Human Resources.
National Institute for Vocational Education planning to expand the institute and covers a wide range of specialization in order to meet the current business and industry needs.
Special Needs initiative entrust to improve the lives of people with special needs and their families. The Special Needs initiatives visualize the inclusion and self-determination of people with special needs and their families in barrier free society.
On collaborating with all the local and international key stakeholders in the government and non-government sectors, the initiative will provide program development, technical assistance, leadership, advocacy, staff development, training, and education to help meet the diverse needs of people with special needs, their families and support communities.
Tel. No. 04 3640000, Fax No. 04 3640001
P.O Box 500008 (United Arab Emirates, Dubai)