Direct Alarm Branch
Direct Alarm System
The direct alarm system links between alarm equipment, which are installed in a building or an establishment and civil defence's operations room on one hand and the building with database pertaining to everything in the building on the other hand. The database includes number of levels, emergency entrance and exits, adjourned buildings, hazardous materials inside the building, nearest water supply point, tools required to reach levels of the building so that response time can be reduced and choosing suitable equipment for every accident.
Civil Protection Department
Civil protection services
To spread preventive awareness and personal protection skills among all community sectors. governmental departments, organizations and companies.
DCD provide following type of services
- Awareness lectures
- Training on how to use manual fire extinguishing devices
- Training on evacuation drills
- Awareness tour visits to fire stations
- Fire fighter salem shows
- Awareness bus trips
Operations Department is the main part of Civil Defence which receives accidents reports and inquires from general public. Therefore, its main operations room based at headquarters works for 24hrs. Operations room directs Fire Stations via wire and wireless communication devices according to their respective area of jurisdiction.
Operation Departments also prepares emergency plans at vital places in Dubai and co-ordination with private and public organizations pertaining evacuation drills and emergency plans.
Operations Department has two major branches Operations planning and training branch and Operations branch
Safety and Prevention
Arranges and maintains transactions filing according to a classification indicating numbers and types of installations such as hotels, institutes, companies, gas
- Inspects all installations to ensure compliance with prevention and safety conditions according to laws, decisions and directives issued in this regard.
- Conducts regular and emergency inspection to ensure compliance with prevention and safety conditions, and prepares inspection reports including all data on conditions especially alarm and fire extinguishing systems, electricity, staircases, outlets, pumps and guiding signboards.
- Reviews licensing documents of establishments which sell and deal in civil defense equipment, and verifies weights, types and integrity of equipment.
- Supervises execution of civil defense plans for civilian protection.
- Supervises and follows up alarm systems and their methods
- Articipates in determining technical specifications and standards for public and private shelters.
- Participates with relevant authorities in preparation of estimates for strategic reserves of foodstuffs and living provisions in normal and emergency cases as well as in disasters.
- Arranges preparations for communications and coordination with parties involved in civil defense measures, including coordination with hospitals, emergency medical aid centers and social services centers.
Dubai Civil Defence
United Arab Emirates /P. O.Box 11377 Dubai