There are number of free job sites on the internet and plenty of opportunities available to the qualified candidate. It is essential that applicant's resume must be according to the way of dream job.
For an attractive resume the job applicant needs to give a sub-title to each part of their education and work experience which is followed by description of skills in more depth. Also focus on extra - curricular activities.
A resume must be well - structured which means resume gives all the meaning the candidate wishes to convey to their prospective employer. Resume makes the employer to select the candidate immediately over the others. The resume should be cross-checked for any spelling mistakes because these make bad impression.
Once the information is checked, the job seeker must include a solemn pledge that the contents are true, and they must clearly mention their stated objective in sending their resume to the employer.
Presenting a true, detailed, well-structured resume to an employer will catch their attention, and should get the immediate response it deserves.
The main purpose of resume is to market your skills, achievements, professional background, academic history, and future potential to a prospective employer.
Here are six steps to make your resume impressive:-
First create the list of recruitment agencies with potential positions that you're eligible to apply for you should begin submitting your CV or resume complete with a covering letter to each agency.
- Targeting Your Career and Audience: You must have a clear idea of what you want to accomplish in your professional life in order to maximize the impact of your resume for your targeted audience - the hiring manager or graduate school admissions director.
- Formatting for maximum impact: In order to ensure that your resume receives the initial attention it deserves, it's important to adhere to certain formatting guidelines, which include:
a) Template and Font Choice
b) Effective Use of White Space
c) Prioritization of Data
- Skill Set and Qualification Summary: It's a brief paragraph that showcases your most effective skills and experience as they pertain to your job search. It's a chance to convince a hiring manager of the skills you can bring to the position.
- Accomplishments and Special Skills: Accomplishments separates you from other equally qualified candidates. Your accomplishments must be quantified. Special Skills should always be presented up-front so that a hiring manager knows what you can do. In some instances, a special section should be created to showcase these special skills.
- Professional Experience: In the Professional Experience section you will list your employers, job titles, and dates of employment in a reverse-chronological order; that is; your most recent job comes first, followed by your next most recent job, and so on. This format is standard and is expected by all hiring managers and admissions directors.
- Education and Training: Data provided in this section should be prioritized according to:
a) Your current career level (entry-level as opposed to professional)
b) The purpose of your resume
c) The country in which your resume will be distributed
Include all specialized training that is transferable to your new job target. If you have not attended college, include all specialized training in your target field.
Here are some general dos and don'ts for your resume and covering letter or email: -
- Include your full contact information
- Include details of your qualifications
- Include information about RELEVANT work experience for the position or industry sector that you are applying for
- Write about why you believe you're an ideal candidate for employment
- Include details of referees from whom personal and employment references can be obtained
- Write in English - if English is not your first language have a professional translation service translate your CV
Remember the old adage - 'you never get a second chance to make a first impression' - therefore your covering letter should present you in the best possible light, it should be well written, professionally presented and get straight to the heart of the matter about why you should be considered for any employment opportunity specific to your skills, qualifications and experience.
- Add your photo to your CV - it's not necessary
- Write in shorthand, text talk or poor or broken English
- Apply for all and any jobs - target a specific industry sector or identify a personal skill set and apply for positions applicable
- Beg for a job!
The better the covering letter the better the impression - the better the impression you make on a Dubai recruitment agency or potential employer in the UAE the more likely it is you will be invited for interviews and considered for employment.